Heritage Funeral Services Ltd.
What this policy covers
This policy covers our treatment of the personal information we collect from you.
Why we collect personal information
The personal information we collect is needed to:
- Identify the purchasers and beneficiaries of prepaid and at-need arrangements
- Provide our services
- Comply with legislative and regulatory requirements
- To provide aftercare services following burial, cremation or entombment
How personal information is used
- We do not sell, barter, trade or give away the personal information you have provided to us.
- We will only share your information with third parties if we are required to by law or you have either expressly authorized us to or if it is required for the provision to you of a service or product supplied by another business or organization as part of our services to you.
- We take all reasonable precautions to ensure that your personal information is kept safe from loss, unauthorized access, modification or disclosure.
Access to your personal information
- You may ask for access to any personal information we hold about you and you may ask that the information be corrected or updated. However, we reserve the right to confirm the identity of the person seeking to access personal information before complying with any access request.
- If we are unable to provide you with access to all of the personal information we have about you, then the reasons for the denial for the access will be provided to you.
If you want to ask a question about our collection and use of personal information: access your personal information, withdraw a consent previously provided or make a complaint
Please write to us at:
Heritage Funeral Services Ltd;
(Please state which of our locations you are referring to)
5008 Elbow Drive S.W.
Calgary, AB T2S 2L5
Web site: hffs.com
Attention: Privacy Officer
If you are not satisfied with our response, you can contact:
The Information and Privacy Commissioner of Alberta
#500, 640-5th Avenue S.W. Calgary, AB T2P 3G4
Toll Free 310-0000 or 1-888-878-4044
Phone (403) 297-2728
Web site: www.oipc.ab.ca