Standard Community Package
- Consultation with a licensed funeral director to coordinate all the details with respect to Crematorium and other parties responsible for the final disposition of the deceased.
- Transfer from place of death within a 40 km radius of the city of Calgary.
- Obtaining signed medical certificate.
- All record keeping and general clerical assistance
- Embalming and sanitation of deceased.
- Attendant for ceremonial washing and dressing.
- Cosmetology and casketing of deceased.
- Use of preparation area and/or dressing area.
- Obtaining legal documents required by the government for cremation.
- Compiling and typing of obituary.
- Obituary on website.
- Preparation and provision of a benefit packet.
- Preparation and delivery of six Funeral Director’s Statements of Death.
- Use of arrangement offices.
- Use of business offices.
- Use of parking facilities.
- Two 1 hour visitations (family and public) at the funeral home during regular business hours prior to the funeral service.
- Ushers and attendants for funeral service and commencement service.
- Use of chapel for funeral service.
- All required funeral equipment.
- Handling and arranging of floral pieces.
- Sedan and driver to acquire proper paperwork.
- Memorial book.
- Urn safekeeping up to 12 months
Can the family witness the cremation?
Yes they can; for some religious groups it is very common for family members to be present when the body is placed in the cremation chamber. Some religious groups even include this as part of their funeral custom. This is offered to all families.